|Colorado Springs is Amazing!|
Even though I haven't been on my mission for very long, it still feels like these weeks are just blowing by really fast! We're so busy all the time! This last P-day we spent with a less-active member of the church and our investigator (his friend). We had lunch with them and spent the afternoon playing this interesting card/board game called Munchkin. The game wasn't my favorite, but we had a really good time telling
jokes, eating, and laughing together. It made it worthwhile.
|Garden of the Gods|
5 things this week that made me smile:
1. Our district leader has a new companion that is really out there. We feel like he might have Asperger's but no one has asked. He's funny, but really weird. He started singing a hymn really loud while we are having a discussion during district meeting.
2. While at a members house, I sat down in a chair, then they said "WAIT!!! Don't sit there! I just doused it in febreeze!" and I reeked of fresh kitchen apples the rest of the day.
3. Tuesday nights we get to play volleyball with our ward and the Mountain Shadows Ward, and this week I got nailed in the face with the ball by someone who played for BYU. My face was red for at least an
4. We went to a dinner appointment with a less-active member this week and they forgot that they had signed up. They drove us over to McDonald's to order from the $1 menu, but he left his card at home, so
I paid for dinner.
5. We picked apples as a service project for some members and we picked over 600 apples. I was on a ladder picking them and got so scraped up from the branches, but the funny part was that one of the sister missionaries got attacked by a neighborhood cat. It snuck up behind her and clawed her leg. She bled and had to have at least 4 band-aids. Not fun for her, but we all had a good laugh.
God is Great!