|Heading to Garden of the Gods|
Hello from the Colorado, Colorado Springs Mission
It's so great to hear from you all again! I love being able to read and check my emails! This last week has been great! We got to have interviews with our Mission President so he can catch up with us and see how we are doing, and help us if we need anything. I had a good talk with him and he shared a good message from the word Repentance in the Bible Dictionary. He talked about how repentance means a fresh look at God, but a new look of ourselves. We change how we think and treat ourselves and that's how we become stronger. If we aren't changing our perspective, we're not changing a whole lot. I really liked that. My perspective has changed quite a bit since I've been on my mission.
This week was Halloween, so we had the chance to go to the ward Trunk or Treat. It was a lot of fun! We had quite a few less active, and non members attend which was great! Right before the Halloween party we had the chance to teach someone who had a lot of questions about our church. He was a friend of a Laurel in our ward and he pretty much just wanted to bible bash with us, but we didn't give him the opportunity. We feel like it went well and we felt the spirit there, even if he isn't really interested. It was a great chance for her to share the gospel and be a member missionary and we were just excited for the opportunity.
We had an appointment with a potential investigator set for Friday and we were excited about teaching someone new! We had to reschedule an earlier appointment because she was busy but we were finally going to start teaching. Well she had to cancel this appointment too. We were disappointed but knew we were going to have the chance to teach her soon. We rescheduled for Monday Morning (today) to teach the first discussion and have to sisters from the ward there to help us. We're not supposed to teach during P-Day but we made an exception. We had such an awesome lesson! She really enjoyed it and we really felt the spirit there. What was even better is that her husband came in towards the last part of our lesson and even started asking us questions! We had been told he wouldn't be too interested but there seems to be a lot of potential! We should be scheduling a return appointment soon!
I finally got to use some of that Olive Garden giftcard! We went there after Zone Training with 10 other missionaries. It was so good!!! We don't have one in our entire stake, but we got permission to go to the neighboring stake.
We're planning on going to Garden of the Gods today so I should be taking lots of pictures! I really hope it doesn't start getting too cold! It's supposed to snow this week. I love you all so much! and I hope you're having as wonderful of a time as I am.
5 things that made me smile:
1. We had dinner with a family in our ward and one of the sons in that family has high functioning autism. One of his favorite things to do is to tell stories about his dad doing stuff he's not supposed to. He calls it "throwing his dad under the bus". Some of the things he said were so funny!
2. At the ward Halloween party the Young Men were in charge of the haunted house and they did a decent job. They scared one of the sister missionaries so bad that she punched one of the priests in the groin. He had to take a breather for quite a while afterwards!
3. While we were staining a front porch for a less active member, Elder Walton was trying to think of really useless super powers, and the best one he came up with was "the ability to make dead things sneeze."
4. On Halloween we went to a members home to play games and eat candy with the sister missionaries and we had a blast! Playing board games and card games were things I've really missed doing with my family.
5. On Halloween for our district meeting we played live action Slender! We related it to the gospel and got to spook a few missionaries out in the process!
God is Great!