|Rescued Shopping Carts!|
On Monday night, we offered to teach the Family Home Evening lesson and activity for our YSA ward. We decided to teach the Plan of Salvation life-size using the whole church building. We started outside (no jackets) to resemble Pre-Earth life and as they entered "The Womb" they were able to put their jackets on (representing our bodies). They had to crawl out of the womb in a tunnel we had made which was really funny. We entered the Garden of Eden to discuss the fall and had pulled all of the plants in the building into one room making it look like a forest. We moved on to our earthly life where each person was given a slip of paper describing their life on this earth and what they had done. Based on that slip it was decided whether they would enter Spirit Paradise or Spirit Prison. Then we had an activity where those who were in Spirit Paradise helped convert and bring over those who were in prison. After that they went through judgment and went to the appropriate rooms representing the 3 Kingdoms of Glory. Luckily most had made it to the Celestial Kingdom! Everyone loved the lesson and the Bishop was really impressed with the job we had done!
So this week we had Specialized Training and it was a great meeting. We met with our Mission President who discussed with us more on how to be a Consecrated Missionary.
Great news, we finally have an investigator! We met with her at the Air Force Academy on Saturday and we had a really great lesson on the Restoration of the Gospel. She asked really great questions and accepted a Book of Mormon and even offered the closing prayer asking during her prayer to come to the knowledge that the Book of Mormon is true. I'm so glad we have someone we're teaching now. It's been a while, but it's a really great feeling.
On Sunday we had a New Member Fireside in Colorado Springs for members who recently joined the church or recently came back to activity. There's always some great testimonies shared there. My companion went up and bore his testimony explaining how he's still a recent convert but how much he loves this Gospel. It was such a great meeting! You could really feel the Spirit there.
This week we also had a Spring Cleaning at our church building which was a great opportunity for members to invite their friends to an activity. There were so many people there. It was a lot of fun and we got to talk to quite a few people about the Church.
I love you all so much! Thanks for being so supportive! You're all an example to me and help keep me focused on the work! I am so excited to Skype home next week for Mother's Day! I will talk to all of you soon!
5 Things That Made Me Smile:
1. Elder Parker's jacket for the Plan of Salvation activity was a banana suit which helped liven the activity.
2. One of the Bishopric members (who is an anesthesiologist) when exiting the womb said, "I'm a breech baby!" and went feet first.
3. A drunk homeless man was trying to help us with pulling the shopping carts out of the creek but he was so drunk he just kept falling over.
4. We have a grill at our new apartment and we've been grilling so many foods like steak, pork, chicken, rabbit, avocados, oranges, pineapple, watermelon, and carrots. They're all great! Except the carrots, they were kind of gross.
5. I got to visit with the Mission President's wife and for some reason she just really likes me. I guess she talks about me a lot to other missionaries. At least they're good things!
God is Great!