Hello from the Colorado, Colorado Springs Mission

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Got to Visit the Air Force Academy - Week #31

Hello from the Colorado, Colorado Springs Mission



Air Force Academy

  
Don't Worry! I didn't skip week #30!  It turns out in one of my past emails, I used week #15 twice.  So I'm a little further along than we thought!  This week has been pretty great!  Tuesday came around and I got my new companion!  His name is Elder Guerrette.  We got along quicker than usual and have a lot in common!  I'll give you some background information on him.  He's 21 years old (I'm still older than all of my companions so far), he's from Maine which is really unique, he loves art, he wants to be an actor, and went to BYU.  He also has a really cool accent.  It's a blend between Boston and Canadian.  Maybe I'll start picking it up! hahaha.  I got to drive for the first time on my Mission since my companion didn't know the area and thought it would save us some trouble.  I then realized halfway through the day that I didn't have my drivers license still!  So he ended up having to drive anyways.

This week I got the flu and two ear infections.  Just when I thought I was doing fine with my health!  It made this week a pretty slow week.  But that doesn't mean that we didn't have any teaching opportunities!  We had a dinner this week at a member's home and at the end of our meal we shared a message about the 3rd Lesson we teach Investigators (The Gospel of Jesus Christ).  He was so impressed by how we taught the lesson he went and grabbed his non-member room mate and sat him down so he could hear the message we had just shared!  The room mate was really impressed and really liked our thoughts and input.  It was a great lesson and we could all really feel the spirit there!

Air Force Academy Eagle


This week the YSA put on a talent show and it was pretty funny.  Most talent shows have a lot of goofy "Is that really a talent?" acts, but this show took the cake in that category!  Overall it was a great night and we had lots of fun.  I finally met our Ward Mission Leader for the first time on Sunday!  He has been in Arizona for the Military for the last 2 months so I'm sure he was surprised to come back and have two completely different missionaries he has never met before.  He's a great guy and really wants to help us out!  I'm glad he's back!  I went onto the Air Force Academy for the first time!  It is really beautiful and I will be back there soon.

I love you all so much!  You're all a blessing in my life and help me remember my purpose as a Missionary, "To invite others to come unto Christ".  It's a glorious purpose and changes lives daily.  I love this Gospel and love the impact it's had on my life and the lives of others.  Be safe! Take care!  I'll hear from you all soon!

5 Things that Made Me Smile:

1. My new companion is really funny!

2. Teaching Lesson 3 twice in one sitting!

3. One of the acts for the talent show was a tumbling act, and more than once they slammed their heads on the stage, but they kept trying.

4. We blew our tire on the freeway Saturday night driving home, neither of us had changed a tire before but we definitely learned how that night!

5. We went to McDonald's twice in one day... not going to make that mistake again.

God is Great!

Elder Gillingwater

No comments:

Post a Comment