Hello from the Colorado, Colorado Springs Mission

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Christmas In Colorado Springs

Hello from the Colorado, Colorado Springs Mission

 

Our Christmas Tree
I can’t believe how fast time is going by!  I guess just working hard through the Holidays really makes time fly!  We had quite a few things happen this week. We had our Christmas Zone Conference this week and that was a very...long...meeting.  Sitting in a chair from 9-4 is just something I'm not used to.  There were a lot of great messages that we discussed to help us work on inviting and scheduling appointments with people.  It was a great conference overall and I got to talk to the Mission President for a while which was really nice.  He's great and I'm glad I've developed a close relationship with him.  The Academy Ward has been doing really good and I'm glad I get to spend the Christmas season with them.  We had our Ward Christmas Party this week and it was a blast.  I got to go caroling with a bunch of families and wishing them all a Merry Christmas.  It's so wonderful to see their faces light up when they see us outside.  I also got to eat a TON of Pumpkin Pie at the Ward party so I was really ecstatic.  While we were at the Ward Christmas Party, we found a new investigator who came to Church yesterday and said he'd be interested in learning more.  Just as our pool of people we are teaching was dwindling down to nothing, the Lord provided a way for us to continue progressing His work.  I'm not crazy excited about the gifts, although I definitely appreciate them!  But I'm more excited to be grateful for my Savior and His sacrifice for me.  I couldn't enjoy these special feelings I have about this season without His love and His mercy in providing a way for us to return to Him. He truly is the first gift of Christmas, and is the greatest gift we could ever receive.   

Christmas in Manatou Springs
I know this letter isn't very long, but I just want to share my appreciation and gratitude for what you all have done for me.  I love being able to spend my time helping others and enjoying the Spirit in their homes.  The Mission really is a great way to spend the Holidays.  I am excited about Skyping with my family on Thursday and know it's going to be great.  I wish you all a Merry Christmas!
I am really excited for Christmas this week.

Love you all so much!

God is Great!

Elder Gillingwater

No comments:

Post a Comment