Hello from the Colorado, Colorado Springs Mission

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Elder Kyle Gillingwater Week #20 - A little Under The Weather

Hello from the Colorado, Colorado Springs Mission

Sleeping it off
This week went by so fast, but that might be because we didn't get to do a lot this week.  I got sick again.  I don't know what keeps causing it but I never to fully recover from anything.  Oh well.  The work still continues.  We had a crazy experience when we were in the library last week.  An older gentleman sitting by us was asking us questions about our church and he had a pretty good background of who we were.  He really wanted to know more so he went ahead and reserved a study room so we could visit with him and teach him more.  He said he had lot's of questions and before we went in, I had this feeling that he wasn't really that interested but just wanted to argue with us.  We went into the little room and he never argued once.  He only grilled us for 2 hours with question after question.  It didn't seem like he retained all that much, but he walked away satisfied with our responses and whenever we stop by the library he's always there and says hi.  I think it was a positive experience but I'm not really sure!

Playing at Garden of the Gods
We had that zone meeting this last week that they postponed for me, it went pretty well. They went over the procedure for making calls on Christmas.  I'm excited to be able to talk to you guys!  And I have a pretty flexible schedule on when I can call so whenever works well for you should work.  That's next week can you believe it?!  Tomorrow marks my 5 month mark on the mission and that doesn't seem possible!  It's been going by way too fast.
More from Garden of the Gods

I have an awesome district this transfer and we spend a lot of time together which has been great.  I have made so many friends and enjoy serving with them.  They've been taking care of me because of my health and I can't thank them enough.  Even though I'm not spending the holiday with my family, I'm glad I get to spend it with such great missionaries.

I love you all so much!  Please let me know if I can do anything for you.  I love hearing from you all each week. I hope you enjoy the holidays!  Have a great week and I will talk to you soon!

God is Great!

Elder Gillingwater
 

No comments:

Post a Comment