Hello from the Colorado, Colorado Springs Mission

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Week #24 Transfer to Cheyenne Mountain

Hello from the Colorado, Colorado Springs Mission

 

 

So this adjustment to the new transfer has been crazier than when I left the MTC!  Monday night consisted of a lot of packing and cleaning to try and get everything ready for the transfer meeting Tuesday afternoon.  We had dinner with the Olsen's in our ward and it was a blast to be able to see them before I left.  When our district leader drove home Monday night with his companion they slid on some ice and went right over a curb and popped their right front tire.  They had to park their car and since they were only down the street from our place, they stayed the night.  It was kind of nice to have them there our last night!  Well, Tuesday came around and we got everything together and loaded up into the Zone Leaders truck to head to the transfer meeting. 
Just hanging around!
The meeting was quick and short, only 5 new missionaries this transfer.  I met my new companion and we get along pretty well.  I transferred my stuff into our new car and we headed out to get groceries, move things in, and get settled before dinner.  On the way to the Members home where were live while serving in this area, my companion informed me that we would be moving out of their place soon because they had a son and daughter-in-law who were moving back in and we would end up sharing a bathroom (which is against the rules).  We were going to find out Wednesday where we were going to be moving to so I didn't bother unpacking.  Well Wednesday came around and I found out where we were moving to... My old apartment!  It was only place available close by that was quick to move into.  So we packed all our stuff back up and moved back into the apartment I've been in for the last 6 months.  Who knows, maybe I will stay in that apartment for half my mission!  It's a nice place though, especially compared to other missionary apartments, so I'm fine with living there again.

Cheyenne Mountain North Portal
Entrance to the Cheyenne Mountain Nuclear Bunker
So after unnecessarily packing and unpacking everything back to their original spaces, I finally got to settle down!  My companion snores like a bear!  So I'm going to need to invest in some earplugs.  The Cheyenne Mountain YSA ward is so cool!  I love the members and they are really great about missionary work.  Most of them are returned missionaries so they're always willing to help us teach!  And it may not be a good thing, but our dinners here usually consist of members taking us to fast food because it's cheap and easy.  So I have been eating Chick-fil-a, Chipotle, Pizza, Chipotle, and we're going out again tonight!  My love for fast food is going to be a problem here!  My first Sunday here we got someone to commit to a baptismal date!  It's on the 31st and I'm excited to start off my new area in the right direction!  This district is already changing since one of the Elders is going home for medical reasons so one of the missionaries who came into the MTC with me is going to be his replacement.  I'm kind of stoked to serve around him since I already know him! 

Well this week has been crazy!  We had to email Tuesday this week since Monday was a holiday and the libraries were closed.  I'm just glad to hear from all of you and hope you're all doing well!  Let me know if I can do anything for you!  I love you all so much!  Have an awesome week and I will talk to you soon!

Inside the bunker

 

5 things that made me smile:

1. Moving back into my old apartment!

2. My new companion has a ukulele too! So we are always playing in the evenings when we get home!

3. The YSA members are cool and always having activities, this week they had a cardboard box demolition derby where they made cars and rammed into each other until their cars fell apart.

4. Church is at 11:00 here which is the perfect time!  The only weird thing is we have Sacrament meeting 3rd hour which actually makes the whole day go a lot faster since I'm not falling asleep in Elders Quorum anymore!

5. I did the Incline this week and it was iced over and so cold that I slipped while jogging up it and had to cut my run short. It was painful but nothing major happened.  Everyone fell down that went with me.


God is Great!

Elder Gillingwater

No comments:

Post a Comment