Hello from the Colorado, Colorado Springs Mission

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Elder Kyle Gillingwater Week #19

Hello from the Colorado, Colorado Springs Mission


Hey everyone!  This last week was a lot of saying goodbye, and saying hello to new missionaries.  The Thanksgiving transfer was complete and now we are moving on to Christmas.  We had to say goodbye to Sister Mangisi and Elder Walton this week.  Both were going home and we are really going to miss them!  I don't really like seeing so many missionaries come and go so often but it's something I'm going to have to adjust to.  So we have 2 missionaries that just joined our district.  Sister Harrop (who leaves in 2 transfers), and Elder Buxton (Who is straight out of the MTC).  I'm no longer the newest missionary in the district!  They are both fantastic missionaries!  Elder Buxton has so much fire and is excited to do any type of missionary work.  So we are a pretty good group!  We've done quite a bit of work this week with members in the ward.  We normally try to set up appointments with them to teach mock lessons and then ask them to invite non-members to the following appointment.  It can be pretty effective.  We got to do that most nights this week which helps keep us busy.  My companion Elder Mogle ordered a Ukulele this week and wants me to teach him how to play which sounds pretty fun.  This week we were supposed to have Zone Training on Friday but because I had a doctors appointment, they cancelled the entire meeting for the zone hahaha.  So 20 missionaries had to wait another week for a meeting because of me.  

I am really excited for Christmas in 2 weeks!  That's coming up so soon! I will get to call you guys and talk to you and I'm stoked about that!  We have Christmas at a members home in our ward and they're really cool and fun so I know we are going to have a good time!  We went to Manitou yesterday and the whole town is decorated for Christmas.  It was really cool to see and we had so much fun there.  Last night we had dinner at a home where they have pet snakes!  I got to hold a 6 ft boa constrictor which was way awesome!  
Kaley is not the only snake lover
Well I've got to go.  We've got a lot of things planned this week.  Grandma and Grandpa I wanted to thank you for the Thanksgiving card you sent!  I love hearing from you two!  And I got my Christmas package with the tree and ornaments.  Our apartment is going to look really festive. I can tell it's going to be great.  Let me know if I can do anything for you guys!

You're awesome and I love hearing from you every week.  Take care of yourselves and I will talk to you soon!

God is Great!

Elder Gillingwater

No comments:

Post a Comment